FabFilter User Forum

CPU issues with Ableton Live

I'm having issues in Live 10 (on a mac) when I open any FF GUI. The CPU spikes extremely while the GUI is open. Mac, Live and FF are all at their latest versions.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Is this a known issue?

I'm also in conversation with Ableton support.

Eric Oberthaler

Hi Eric,

A couple of questions;

-With which plug-ins are you experiencing this issue?
-Which CPU readout are you monitoring (Ableton or third party?).
-Would it be possible for you to send us a small video that illustrates the issue?
-Does it only happen with FF plug-ins or also other third part plug-ins?

Please send it to us at info@fabfilter.com, and we'll get this sorted out! :-)

Thank you in advance!

Maarten

same thing here with pro q. i use it to monitor some levels but everytime i open the GUI in live 10 in spike my cpu's to 100% and the plugin becomes unusable.

jonathan

I have similiar problems in Studio One. The CPU load is rising over seconds to Minuten in all Farbfilter Plugins since some work on my MacBookPro - it seems to ging faster into overload if i play a loop of some seconds of a song.

This makes fabfilter plugs practically unusable for me att - very ugly!

It worked on that machine over years. Not clear if this is related to the last Fabfilter or S1 update. The MBP is a 2 year old top MBP and if Plugin windows are closed load not exceed 20%.

Seems as the GPU access affects it (possibly any sandboxing of S1)?

How can i disable the graphs or GL acceleration usage or simiar as a workaround?

Niels Dettenbach

See here for how to disable graphics acceleration:
www.fabfilter.com/support/faq/#how-can-i-disable-graphics-acceleration-on-my-computer

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Considering buying but this put me off as an Ableton user- Is it resolved?

Tom

Hi Tom,

This doesn't seem to be related to Ableton Live, but rather to a specific graphics card setup. You can just try the evaluation version on your system to make sure it's working correctly before you buy!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hello and Happy New Year to you all!
The tip given by Frederik above to switch off the graphics acceleration does not work for me with Mac OS 10.11.6 (El Capitan). The Terminal does not know com.fabfilter.Common. Is there another version of the command line that works?
Thanks
Knut

Knut

Solved!
:)

Knut

Hi all,

I'm experiencing this issue as well, but with ALL PLUGINS not just Fab Filter... any ideas?

Every time I open GUI for Soundtoys, Omnisphere, or Fab Filter ProR as an example, my usage spikes from 50% to 80% and I cannot change any parameters essentially in my project and it is awful.

When I close the GUI, it goes back to 50% and is ok.

Would love thoughts!

Thanks,
David

David
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list