FabFilter User Forum

Pro L2 - SOA/TOA Support?

I upgraded to ProL2 recently, love it so far for music and standard post work.

Any plans to have it work as multichannel instances for Second Order Ambisonics (SOA) or Third Oder Ambisonics (TOA)? In Pro Tools those are 9 and 16 channels respectively.

You could even consider removing some of the advanced features and just have a straight limiter to cut down on CPU hit. I imagine most of use just need it as a safety.

Thanks,
J

Jeremy

Thanks for your feature request! We'll surely consider implementing this in a future update... noted!

Cheers

Floris (FabFilter)

I would second this feature request! In the past I've used the fb360 spatial workstation to create spatial audio mixes for 360 videos. Would be worth testing in Reaper and Pro Tools as a lot of people are using Reaper with the fb360 spatial workstation.

Nick

I would second this feature request! In the past I've used the fb360 spatial workstation to create spatial audio mixes for 360 videos. Would be worth testing in Reaper and Pro Tools as a lot of people are using Reaper with the fb360 spatial workstation.

Nick

Thanks for the consideration.

BTW. Pro Tools and Reaper seem to be the two most popular DAWs for 360VR work but Steinberg just announced ambisonics support for Nuendo/Cubase.

Jeremy

Jeremy

I haven't tested, but wouldn't it work if you use Pro-L2 in multi-mono on your master and use the side-chain signal of the W channel as the input signal?

This way you could pretty much use this limiter in any configuration possible without messing with the imaging.

Michaƫl
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list