FabFilter User Forum

Major FabFilter Knob Issue in Studio One (WITH VIDEO)

Hello FabFilter!

Some time ago I posted a topic on this forum regarding
a problem with the knobs on FabFilter plugins in PreSonus Studio One.

This is a massive bug. It's dangerous to mix with the plugins
when this bug exists. It is only present in Studio One (I've tested Pro Tools, Logic and FL Studio). From my other post, it seems I wasn't the only one with this issue. You can see the bug, and all specific info explained through 00:38 --> 03:56 (ScreenFlow capture of Studio One).

VIDEO: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvx-wCvRlPc&t=105s

I have contacted PreSonus support and just wanted to show you guys the bug.

Love,
Daniel

Daniel

*UPDATE:

Answer from PreSonus Support regarding the bug:

"For the Fab Filter issues, please report that to Fab Filter as they would need to check their behaviors and compatibility with Studio One".

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

We're already looking into this! But wow... what a helpful answer from Presonus ;-)

Floris (FabFilter)

Hi Daniel,

We've been trying to reproduce this issue on several different macOS computers, but we can't seem to reproduce this. behavior at all... Which macOS/OS X version are you using?

By the way, reading through the other thread about this problem (www.fabfilter.com/forum/2882/major-pro-q2-issue-in-studio-one), there are several different people stating that they are experiencing this issue with plug-ins from other brands as well, and even with Studio One plug-ins...

So I would suggest that you e-mail presonus back, and urge them to look into this as well, and make sure to mention that this is not only about FabFilter plug-ins.

In the mean time, we'll try some more different systems and hope to be able to reproduce it at some point...

Thanks!

Floris (FabFilter)

Hello Floris!

Yes, I thought I would at least get some questions from them..

Anyway, I'm using a mid-2015 MacBook Pro Retina 15'', with a 256gb SSD, 2,2 Intel CPU, 16gb RAM and an Intel Iris graphics card. Computer model is "MJLQ2KSA".

I've even returned the laptop to the store when I experienced this and many other bugs in S1, got a new one (exact same model), and the issues didn't disappear. I really think that it has something to do with this exact model.

Ok, I'll write them to again very soon. Thanks for your answer!

Daniel

And I'm using El Capitan version 10.11.6.

I've tested El Capitan, Sierra and High Sierra.

Daniel

Hi, even as of the latest version of Studio One on the latest version of Mac OS I am still experiencing this issue. It's been very difficult to repeatedly deal with this and FabFilter Pro-Q 3 is the only plugin where I've experienced this, although it may affect the others.

This issue is not just an annoyance. It may actually have caused me hearing damage once or twice as the gain of a peak unexpectedly jumps to +30db. Even now I can still hear a ringing in my ears as it just happened, and that's why I'm writing here.

It shouldn't be difficult to reproduce. Just get the latest Studio One on an up-to-date Mac, and put Pro-Q 3 on a track and hold and slowly manipulate the gain knob on a band for a few minutes. It should jump.

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the report, we'll try to reproduce this ourselves.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi Jon,

I've just tested this in Studio One 4.5.3 on macOS 10.15.6 with the latest Pro-Q 3.14, but can't seem to reproduce this issue...

Having said that, it does sound a lot like an earlier reported issue, in the following thread: www.fabfilter.com/forum/2882/major-pro-q2-issue-in-studio-one . This issue was reportedly seen in various third-party plug-ins, and seemd to be a bug in Studio One itself. Not 100% sure this is the same though...

Floris (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list