FabFilter User Forum

Pro Q2 not working on audio channels only groups.

I am running Cubase Pro 9 on windows 10. Have been using Pro Q2 for some time now. Great EQ. Suddenly I start a new project and Pro Q2 not working on audio channels. The graphic display functions as normal and looks normal but eq does not change. If I route the audio channel to a group and insert Pro Q2 in the group it works as normal. What is going on here??

Keith Forsyth

Just realised the Spectrum analyzer does not show when the EQ does not work.

Keith Forsyth

The audio I am mixing is a recording of a live show done by somebody else - I have no idea how it was recorded but it is 28 tracks running the full length of the show. When I import the tracks Cubase says it is a Wave file 24 bit at 48K and it imports and it plays in Cubase. If I export one of the files at 24 bit 48K wave and bring it back into the same Cubase song I can then insert Pro Q2 on the channel and it works as normal.

Anyone have any idea what the difference is between these two files?

Keith Forsyth

Hi Keith,

It's very difficult to tell what's going on here. Is there a way you can create a small Cubase test project that demonstrates the issue and send it to us (e.g. using WeTransfer if too large)?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi Frederik,

Yes I can. What email address and for your attention?

Keith Forsyth

Hi again Frederik,
I have sent a test cubase project (about 30 meg) via WeTransfer to info@fabfilter.com. There are 2 tracks taken from the same original track. The first track bounced from the original which still has the problem and a second track that was exported which does not have the problem.

Very interested to know what is going on here!!

Regards,

Keith Forsyth.

Keith Forsyth

Having the same issue. Only sees audio in a group track not mono tracks in Cubase 10 pro.

Richard Thomson

Hi Richard,

Could you please also send us a video illustrating the problem to info@fabfilter.com?

Cheers,

Ralph (Fabfilter

I have the exact same problem, except that on my Project the Pro Q is working on the first 3 Channels of 32 and on groups and master outputs.

The Live-Recording was taken from a SD-Recorder in a Midas M32-Console and is also 24bit at 48K. It was one big 32-Channel WAV-File that was imported with the "split channels" feature.

Cornelius

Same problem like Cornelius. Any solutions?

Chris

Got it! Seems to be a problem with the "auto generated" audio tracks by Cubase when the multichannel is splitted. Just make a new track and push the audio event to it. Fabfilter will work there.

Chris
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list