FabFilter User Forum

Simplon Automating Cutoff1+2 in Ableton

Hi,
I'd like to automate the handle in the "Interactive filter display" of Simplons filters that let's me grab and change both the filters cutoff's (or resonances) simultaneously.

The thing is, that this parameter (along with a handfull of others) is not "populated" to Ableton like other parameters of the plugin. Therefore I can't automate it like I would usually do in Ableton Live.

I do understand that these "not populated" handles/dials can only be controlled by a MIDI controller when I follow the "Routing MIDI to effect plug-ins" instructions in the manual of the plugin. I managed to follow these instructions and now can control them via a knob on my MIDI controller.

Is there any way to draw in or record automation for these specific things in Simplon (or even other fabfilter plugins like e.g. volcano, probably it's the same there)

Thanks a ton!
all the best
Jojo

J0J0

The "combined" handle just automates the frequency and peak parameters for both filters, so if you enable these for automation you can drag the combined handle to automate both filters at once.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list