FabFilter User Forum

Fabfilter L, L2 and WaveLab 8.5 (.3)

Hello,

I'm having consistent crashes with FF L, L2 and WaveLab. I've had to go back to the UAD limiter. Basically, after using it for a bit and getting levels set, at some point it just goes unresponsive - except that i can hit the space bar and play.

If I try to click on any WaveLab settings, I hear a "ding" sound (like Hey, you can't do that), and the program is otherwise unresponsive. I've restarted, re-inserted the plugs, closed and re-opened.

I'm running OS X Yosemite (10.10.3) on a Mac Pro.

Happy to give you any more info you need to try to repro, including screenshots/video. I love the limiter - but the crashing is mighty annoying...

Johnny Bregar

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for reporting this issue! It would be great if you could e-mail us as much info as possible! Also, a crash report would be great, then we can investigate!

Floris (FabFilter)

Is there any way to extract meaningful hang info if the program never actually crashes? It just hangs in this odd state....

Where can I send a video? I can capture it with ScreenFlow, then send you what happens.

Johnny Bregar

Can you try to disable graphics acceleration to see if that makes a difference?
www.fabfilter.com/support/faq/#how-can-i-disable-graphics-acceleration-on-my-computer

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list