FabFilter User Forum

PRO G is crashing in Ableton Live and Steinberg Wavelab

Hi FF Forum,

I have a problem with Pro G. That VST2 is crashing Ableton (entirely) and Steinberg Wavelab (just when loading the plug in). I have tried to do the Graphic Card Acceleration thing within the regedit, without success. I'm using a brand new 64 Bit WIN 10 system. All other FF plugs work perfectly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Boris

Boris Ender

Hi Boris,

Thank you for reporting this. Would it be possible for you to send us a short video that illustrates the issue? Please send it to: info@fabfilter.com

Thank you in advance!

Maarten

I am actually experiencing an identical issue.

Literally opening a single new project, and then loading the "FabFilter Pro G" onto any blank track (audio or MIDI, does not matter), it immediately crashes my application.

I am currently running the following specs:
Ableton Live 9.7.5 (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

Just purchased and had downloaded the newest FabFilter Total Bundle as a 64-bit install as well. All other installations within the Total Bundle are functioning fine and authorizing properly.

I will also submit a video of this occurrence.

Thank you

John Lightner

Hi John, Boris,

Are you running Windows 10 with 150% display scaling? We are aware of a problem in Pro-G that could cause a crash with 150% scaling. John, I've emailed you with a link to a test version with a fix. Boris, can you email us because I don't have your email address?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi,

I just have to mention at this point that FabFilter provided me a solution very quickly. Great support! Really..... Thanks, Boris

Boris

@Boris . . . So please tell us what the resolution was/is . . I'm having the same issue. My scaling is set to 125% (Windows 10 x64).

Bro. Charles

Hi Bro Charles,

Please email us using the Contact us link at the bottom of this page and we'll send you a version with a fix. (We'll release a plugin update including this fix soon.)

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list