FabFilter User Forum

Plugins not available

Hi - I just purchased DS, Pro Q2, and MB. I already own Saturn, which works great. The new plugins won't show up in my dropdown using Cubase 8.5, and Yosemite.

When I look at my plugin manager, all the ones I just downloaded and installed are there, but they are all greyed out - I can't use them.

What is happening? I reinstalled, restarted cubase, restarted my machine, deleted Cubase prefs.

Nada.

Are the newest versions compatible with Yosemite?

Johnny

Hi Johnny,

Very strange! Our plugins are definitely compatible with Yosemite. Can you try to rescan in the plugin manager in Cubase? Does the plugin manager tell you why they are unavailable?

You can also try to remove them from your system, then run Cubase so it forgets about the plugins. Reinstall, then run Cubase again so it rescans them.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

The greyed out plugins in the Plug-in Manager are usually the inactive / disabled ones.

Select the greyed out plugin and press the "i" on the lower left corner to bring up the plugin information, check the bottom line if the box behind "Active:" is checked.

Hurmpie

Hello Folks!

The problem with the Fabfilter and Windows 10 plugins is explained in this post.
-> www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=117510

You have to solve it among all as soon as possible, otherwise we will not be able to load your excellent plugins in large projects.

I hope you get in touch with Steinberg and between the two companies you find a quick solution.

Music Hits & Hugs,
Crister Garcia

Crister Garcia

We are looking into the problem. We have received not many reports from customers with this problem, so it doesn't seem to affect too many people. The solution seems to be to switch to the dynamic Visual C++ runtime, but we have always wanted to avoid this to keep things as simple and solid as possible.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list