FabFilter User Forum

smaller scale for gain reduction in C2?

Hi,

is there a way to make the gain reduction scale smaller in C2? As in not showing 0 to 70dB of GR but more 0-10dB?

When mixing dialog the graphics feedback is a bit misleading because it looks like your compressor is just touching a few dB but then you realise that it's actually 10dB or more?

Other compressor show around 0-20dB or GR which is much more common and realistic.

Who would ever want to see 60dB ofGR? My usually GR is 2-6dB which is something like 3 single LED-elements in the GR meter.

Thanks!

Frank.

frank

There's a button to scale the meter right next to it at the bottom. You can set it to 9 or 18 dB to better fit your needs :)

Bram

Wow, learn something new every day.

Thank you!

frank

Ah, only half way of what I want. When I set it to 9dB the knee display scale w´moves out of the view. I am looking for a way to see the full display or I/O level and Waveform/Knee and only have the GR adjust to a smaller scale.

Possible?

frank

I don't think it is, but I'm with you that it would be a nice improvement. We already have the running line showing GR at the same scale as the knee curve / waveforms, so having the GR bar graph scaled also locked to them is kind of redundant. It would be great if they could be scaled independently, so you can have the curve / waveforms visible while being able to set the GR bar graph at whatever scale looks best.

Cheers,

Cabirio
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list