FabFilter User Forum

Pro-R Feature Requests

There are a couple of things I'd like to see in Pro-R:

1. Something to help tame early reflections when using Pro-R as a snare reverb (or for any other spikey transient-driven signal). At the moment, the early reflections are so pronounced that it often sounds like a bitcrusher or something has been applied to the first few milliseconds of reverb. Look at Variety Of Sound's EpicVerb's early reflections settings - that seems to somehow soften them (almost like they've had a compressor or transient designer applied to them); thus, you still get the impression of being close to the source, but without that horrible bitcrushy effect. Maybe even an early reflection EQ (independent of the tail EQ) or something?

2. Gating. Or better yet, a 'decay shape' knob that is variable between a normal linear reverb decay and a completely gated immediate-cutoff shape. A 'decay shape' control like that would make gated reverbs level-independant. That would open up a whole world of potential creative reverb sounds.

Thanks

Jez Clark

I reply to this post to add my requests that goes in the same direction.

-The character knob : it would be nice to modulation rate & depth knobs instead for better control yet pretty simple.

-And additional decay curve : to draw the shape of the tail decay.
That would be visual in the ff spirit and allowing so much control !

-Some options to add distortion/noise to the tail : to be able to get interesting musical new possibilities.

I hope the team read those threads because that would be awesome if you could modify those.

Best

em

I would be very happy for a decay shape envelope.

Booli

Thanks! We're certainly reading these requests and will keep them in mind for a future update...

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Please add

-Freeze function for heavy tweaking or endless verb, having freeze midi controllable also would be great so when it is released the tail starts kicking in

and/or

-Longer decay times or ability to push to 300%
--it could simply be the curve that i am wanting to accentuate, it fades pretty quickly when i push things on the max settings. Even still I would like to go beyond the 20 second for super heavy verb / design flexibility, I don't feel like I can overwhelmingly drench something in reverb with this plug, it seems to excel in mix verb though which I do love.

Netro

+1 for decay shape and longer decay sound

Benjamin Juodvalkis

+1 For freeze function :)

Anatol Rohe

+1 for Freeze
+1 for Modulation Depth / Rate

Also built in DUCKING please.

J

+1 for Freeze
+1 for Modulation Depth / Rate

Jason Hui

I'd much rather see a reverb in the creative series for that kind of stuff... I'd buy that in a heartbeat :)

Bram

I would like to see ducking like in the Timeless 3 in Pro-R.

SB

Please move Pre-Delay up to the main controls.

Magnus
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list