FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q 2 VST3 and REAPER Presets

Are there any other REAPER users that can reproduce an issue where trying to save a preset in the REAPER FX window presets or if you save an FX that involves VST3 Pro-Q 2?

I'm not talking about presets saved within the plugin itself, but if you use the REAPER FX menu preset options.

I didn't have this problem with the AU version but after switching over to VST/VST3 plugins in REAPER, I noticed this problem right away.

VST2 Pro-Q 2 seems OK. VST3 of Pro-MB seems OK.

OSX 10.11.6

Justin Perkins

Also, settings are not recalled after saving and closing a session with the VST3 version.

What I found with a quick test is that VST3 versions ALL FabFilter plugins are having recall problems in REAPER.

If I save and quit the session, the plugins are in their default state when the session is reopened. Saving REAPER FX Window/FX Chain presets is also impacted.

VST2 and AU versions are OK.

Justin Perkins

VST3 preset are always a problematic topic, Reaper still fixing things in VST3 format in lasted 5.27 version, did you also reported to Cockos?

Enrique Silveti

Yes, reported to Cockos on their forum. While Justin @ Cockos usually quite responsive, they haven't commented on that one yet.

I've found that this affects all FabFilter plugins and it's not just the DAW presets, but even if you close and reopen the session, any VST3 FabFilter plugins are reset to their default state.

Justin Perkins

Here's a video of what happens:
www.dropbox.com/s/wpi0gunuuieqj3n/FabFilter-VST3_REAPER_RECALL.mov?dl=0

AU and VST2 are OK, but VST3 have recall problems when reopening sessions, and using the default preset option also doesn't work as it should.

Justin Perkins

This is from the developers @ Cockos/REAPER:

I just did some more tests -- it seems FabFilter won't save its state properly until it has processed audio. So, if you have it on a take FX, and don't play the item after changing the settings, it won't update its state. I'm pretty confident that this is a bug on their end...

Justin Perkins

Thanks Justin, we'll look into it.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks Frederick,

I just tested this in WaveLab with the VST3 versions and there is no problem there. Presets, and settings and everything is saved perfectly even if audio is never played through the plugin.

So, I really don't know if it's a fix for REAPER or FabFilter but it's definitely a bit of an issue. If you care to comment to REAPER directly, you can do so at this thread:

forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=182827

Justin Perkins

Hi Justin,

I could reproduce the error in REAPER only when adding FX on an item in a track (on the entire track it works fine) and when not playing audio.

The problem seems to be on REAPER's end and I've emailed you with more information.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi!

I have a similar problem on my Wavelab 8. After opening different plugin window my Pro-Q, Pro-C and Pro-L are resetting to default. I've overcame this with Pro-Q saving the project after any eq change (hitting Ctrl+S, a bit annoying but it worked); but this strategy doesn't work with Pro-C.

VST2 seems to work fine (and they save settings) but Pro-Q opened as VST2 crashes my Wavelab totally. Any help from you FabFilter?
I'm on windows7, 64-bit (working on wavelab 32-bit). There are no difficulties when I run Pro Tools 10 on the same computer.

Norbert

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Sorry for the post above. It was the Wavelab 8 thing. I updated it to Wavelab 8.5 and everything works perfectly. Forget about my earlier post :)

All best,
Norbert
(love your software :) )

Norbert
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list