FabFilter User Forum

Q2 - C2 Worth the Upgrade Price?

I have the Mastering pack including the Pro-Q & Pro-C. I have been looking for a transparent, basic track Compressor as a 'go to' mix tool.

I find the upgrade pricing expensive for new additional features where for example I pay half the price of the original for the Pro-C2.

Is it worth it?

I could get another compressor to fit my needs and retain the great Pro-C1 benefits for the same or less price of the upgrade.

Any advice welcome.

Neil

Hey Neil,

I didn't use Pro-Q, cause Pro-Q2 was out already,
But I did use Pro-C before Pro-C2.

I find this question very subjective.
If you'd ask me,totally worth it.
In terms of workflow, simplicity and sound, these plugs are amazing.

But that's me, you know?

I also find the prices fair enough.

If you're looking for one decent compressor, and you care less about sound diversity, I'd definitely go for it.

Though I must say, the Pro-C2 is very versatile.

Hope this helps,

Cheers.

Yroth

It might also be worth considering that the version 2's are actively updated, which may help with future OS or DAW changes.

Bram

Thanks guys much appreciated. Just need to figure now when. Hopefully there will be an offer coming along that gives me a bit more than the existing discount. Thanks again.

Neil

Well, they're unpredictable about these things :}

Every now and then there's a discount on a specific plug-in or bundle.

They do make great discounts for Black Friday/Christmas, if you're willing to wait :)

Glad I could help !

Cheers.

Yroth

The usual trend the past few years is sales during Summer and Winter, usually 25% off on bundles and running for about a month.

The discount, as far as I recall, also applies when "upgrading" to more plug-ins from your account page.

If there is a Summer sale this year, it'll probably start at the end of this month or the beginning of next (if memory serves me well).

They never announce sales ahead of time. :)

Torben Andersen
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list