FabFilter User Forum

Volcano 2 KB tracking function not responding to piano role (ableton)

I am trying to use volcano 2s kb tracking midi input modulation to key track the filter with notes coming from my piano roll in ableton. I assigned Volcano 2 to the track with the midi and set a midi source modulator with kb tracking to modulate a frequency cutoff, but the frequency nob dose not move when different notes are playing. Is volcano 2 capable of following a notes harmonic with the kb tracking setting or dose kb tracking do something else that I am not understanding. If there is anything I am doing wrong to implement key tracking please let me know. Thank you

Dylan

Hi Dylan,

The frequency knob does not move dynamically when it's modulated. Look at the icon for the MIDI source in the source selection bar: does the white light at the top change in intensity when you play different notes? The MIDI light in the left bottom corner of the interface should also light up when you play notes to show that MIDI is coming into the plugin. Note also that you need the maximum modulation level from the MIDI source to the frequency knob.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list