FabFilter User Forum

Question about using FF2

Im very new to using software synthesizers but I really like the Fab Filter 2, but Im trying to figure out how to record with it. Ive been looking around and Im seeing things like you need a host program? to open up the soft synth in so you can record? Is this true and how do I do this and what are the host programs? Any help is much appreciated.

-nick

nick

Hi nick,

Yes, to record your play, you need a host program. The best thing you can do, is to download a demo version of a host program en play around with it, to see how that works.

Try Ableton Live or FL Studio (both offer demo versions on their website); these are really nice and quite easy to understand host programs.

Have fun!

Floris (FabFilter)

well I downloaded FL Studio and wow. . . i dont know where to start. I guess im just gonna have to mess around with it hu? I havent even been able to get any sounds out of it yet, let alone figure out how to get fab filter to open up and record in it. Is this the easiest host program?

nick

Tracktion and Garageband are very easy to learn. I don't know if Garageband allows you to use third party plugins though.

bongo_x

FL is definately a good host to learn on, and the best thing about it is it's extreemly capable of lots of different stuff so you can grow with it and it will still be able to provide functions you start to want or think of.

Fabfilter Twin is definately a great choice for a first synthesizer too - amazingly good sound and a super easy interface to look at and use.

smart

On a similar track, I'm looking for a host program that will allow me to use VST or DirectX plug-ins in a live situation, triggering them from a bass guitar.
Does anybody know if Ableton Live will allow this, or know of another host program that will?

Nige
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list