FabFilter User Forum

Pro-L VST3 and Cubase issue

Hello,

can anybody confirm this (minor, but strange) issue:

When I use Pro-L (VST3) in Cubase, the bar in the peak reduction slot instantly moves to -0,1dB. Even if the level is way below the limit threshold.
This is not the case with the VST2.4 (dll) version...

I tried different algorithms (dynamic,allround), turning ISP off, turning dithering and oversampling off. Still the same.

Even if it is possible of no concern, the fact that the limiter is seemingly triggering far, far below its actual working poing I find a bit strange.

Did any of you find this behaviour in other DAWs ?

kind regards
Frank

Frank

Hi Frank,

Strange! Could you e-mail us with some more details, possibly including a screenshot? Thanks!

Floris (FabFilter)

Hi Frank,

What do you mean with the "peak reduction slot" in Cubase?

Note that Pro-L by default reduces the output volume with -0.1 dB, which is probably responsible for what you're seeing. You can adjust this in Pro-L's bottom bar on the right, but read this first: www.fabfilter.com/help/pro-l/using/outputoptions

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hello Frederik and Floris,

after the recent update, now even with the VST2 version the reduction jumps to -0.1dB once I start playback on a non-empty track. Even if the level reaching the master bus is way below Pro-L's operation point.

If there's now a standard -0.1dB reduction going on (even with ISP, oversampling and such turned off and the lookahead above 2ms) ...then I rest my case.

But before I could judge whether at a given moment I had reduction going on during a certain track at all (=otherwise the current-gain-reduction-display would stick to 0 until the threshold was passed).

I could still send you a short video if it's not clear where and what I mean)

cheers
Frank

Frank

Hi Frank,

I still think this is due to the default 0.1 output level setting in Pro-L. But I'm curious where you're seeing a reduction readout in Cubase, so please email us a short video if you have some time.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hello Frederik,

will do.

Frank
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list