FabFilter User Forum

Program change only working with Bank 0 in Pro-Q 2

Hi there,

sending bank select and program change messages via clips in Ableton is only working with bank 0 for Pro-Q 2 (which is Bank 1 in Ableton). Higher Banks do not work. I suppose this is a bug on you side since Ableton is sending the correct MIDI data and since it works for the first Bank.

I also tested filtering out the LSB for the bank select, also this does not work.

Thanks for any pointers, Ander.

Ander

Hi Ander,

Thanks for the report; we're going to investigate the problem to see if we can reproduce it and find out what's going on.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi Ander,

Can you send me a small example session via email that demonstrates the problem? Note that presets are numbered automatically in our plugins, so you need more than 128 presets to get into bank 1 (just checking to see if you're aware of how this works).

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I just tested directly sending program change messages via a MIDI keyboard and both bank 0 and bank 1 are working correctly. Note that for e.g. bank 1, you need to send a bank LSB value of 1, and a bank MSB value of 0. In our plugins, you would need to have more than 16384 (128*128) presets to ever use a non-zero bank MSB value. Hope this helps...

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hello Frederic,

is this as designed that the selection of presets via midi program change is only working in VST 3 and not in VST 3?

I tried it in Cubase 8.5 and only VST 2 is working.

Best Regards

Thomas

Thomas

Sorry, only working in VST 2 not in VST 3.

Thomas

This is because VST3 does not support MIDI program changes as far as we can tell.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list