FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q 2 graphical nuisance

Hey Fabfilter, there's something about the Pro-Q 2 which bugs me and I'd love to see a fix for it in the future.

The band controls appear at the bottom of the display right overtop the spectrum. This makes notching out low-levelled but noticeable frequencies a bit of a pain since the controls cover up the small spikes. It's a small pain, I admit, but still it slows me down when working which I think we can agree is in nobody's interest.

hobo

+1!

I also find this to be a problem. Is there any way to "un-dock" the controls from the spectrum?

John

I also ran into this the other day, it sucks really bad when you can't see what you're doing. I know we are supposed to be using our ears, but then why are we buying badass plugins that have perfect displays, that expand to full screen mode? I use pro q 2 on every track, I'm in love, but yeah, this is definitely a problem. This seems like a super simple fix that should be implemented BEFORE Pro Q3. Update please!!!!!!

P.S. This is the only issue I have with Pro Q2, I wouldn't mind having the Pro Q1 Non floating controls back. or at least the option.

Mdjagg

To hide the controls, you can simply click somewhere in the display background to deselect all bands. We've experimented with different ways to hide or move the controls, but we just liked the current solution best.

Also I'd like to point out that the spectrum part shown by Pro-Q v1 is about the same as the part in Pro-Q 2 that's not partially obscured by the controls. So you're definitely not seeing less than in Pro-Q v1.

And did you know you can adjust the spectrum range? Hover over the analyzer button in the bottom bar, and set the range to 120 dB to see more low-level detail.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Yeah I find this annoying too. Increasing the spectrum range helps but then the EQ curve line starts to get in the way.

Not sure what the setting is but in some of our studios I've noticed that the controls will sometimes stay in the same place (which can be handy if their out of the way) and in others they switch/follow directly under the selected band (where it can get in the way of the analyser).

Ideally we'd be able to just grab and move the band controls wherever we want to

scwiffy

The controls will move with the selected band, unless the mouse cursor is over the controls. In this case they stay where they are to avoid moving away underneath the cursor.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi,

i agree with the fact that's it's sometimes annoying to have the floating band control window when you're adjusting precisely on low level signals.
For me a way to simply not display the window would be nice or to be able to place it at a fix point on the window would be very appreciate.

This is my only concern with the ergonomy of Pro EQ2 and now 3.

Continue the good work !

mikael

I also find it (very) annoying.

e@rs
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list