FabFilter User Forum

ProQ2 option+gain change

Is there a button I can hold so I can adjust the gain of a band node with the mouse but not change the frequency?

I thought I used to be able to hold option while adjusting the gain of a band with the mouse on the GUI (not the gain knob) but it Pro Tools 12.1, holding option and clicking on a node snaps it to 0.0dB @ 1k

Wavelab is goofy too but for a period of time, holding option keep the frequency locked while adjusting the gain.

Justin Perkins

PS.

This is on OS X 10.10.3

I feel like in the past that option clicking a node would either enable or disable that node, or let me adjust the gain vertically and lock in the frequency so that only the gain can change.

Now when I hold option and click a node in Pro Tools 12.1, the node snaps to 1k.

It's really messing with my workflow.

Justin Perkins

Hi Justin,

This is a bug that was somehow introduced in PT 12.1. We're looking into this! It has something to do with Pro Tools own Alt+click reset system, which now interferes with Pro-Q 2's display key handling...

Floris (FabFilter)

Thanks for checking and I'm glad I'm not just losing my mind...well maybe that's true too but either way, I look forward to a fix sooner than later.

It's interesting to realize how much I use that option+click feature in ProQ2 now that I can't do it.

Justin Perkins

This problem is driving me mad. If there is a beta update for ProQ2 to solve this issue in PT 12.1, please let me know.

Thanks!

Justin Perkins

Still looking into it...

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi,

Avid seems to be very slow with releasing maintenance updates to Pro Tools 12.

Do you know if this problem is anything that can be fixed in Pro-Q 2?

I realyl really miss using the option button in Pro-Q 2 in Pro Tools.

Justin Perkins
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list