FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q2 Dynamic Filter Option

Hi FabFilter

Just adding to a couple of the threads regarding dynamics within the Pro-Q2 plug-in...

In previous threads, you mentioned that it wouldn't be implemented into the Pro-Q series, however I feel this should be reconsidered.

To be able to select a process to be static or dynamic is of huge importance when in the throws of a mix. When a static filter doesn't work, instantiating a different plugin (either a multi-band or, dare I say it, a 3rd party Dynamic EQ) and dialling it in means that the moment has gone and you're probably not going to be able to get the sufficient filter in place as good as you had it anyway.

I'd love the option to decide whether a Pro-Q2 filter is static or dynamic, just as I do with it being stereo or MS. Quick workflow is essential with processes like EQ to avoid aclimitisation to the sound so having to work on two plug-ins instead of one just doesn't do it for me.

I know you've got CPU concerns with adding dynamics to Pro-Q2 but even if there was an option for one filter to be dynamic that would great.

Many thanks for listening and for all your amazing work.

Best
Paul Gatehouse.

Paul Gatehouse
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list