FabFilter User Forum

match eq

Hello,

Im trying to capture the image of a synth on the proq 2 and invert the captured image so i can copy and paste it to a conflicting synth that is in the same frequency. This can be done with the match eq in logic but im having a hard time achieving this with the proq 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

nick

I guess what you could do is feed your synth to Pro-Q2 and white noise to the side-chain, run EQ Match and that should give you directly the inverse of the synth's spectrum, as EQ Match tries to flatten it to match that of white noise. You may need to adjust the relative levels of the synth and white noise so they are roughly equal, that way you'll get some filters boosting and some cutting rather than an overall gain boost or cut. Save it as a preset and use it on the other synth. I don't use the "gain scale" slider often but I guess it can be useful for things like this, to adjust how much overall eq you apply.

One thing I've found with EQ Match it that it tends to use flat-top bell filters with steep slopes, which often leads to a "rough" eq curve. You may want to edit the filters and use gentler slopes to get a smoother curve.

Cheers,

Cabirio
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list