FabFilter User Forum

Pro-L Scrolling Display jitter Yosemite

Has anybody noticed or reported that the scrolling display in Pro-L seems much more jittery and less smooth in OS X 10.10?

I recently upgraded to 10.10 and I don't recall the GUI being so slow/jittery in Pro-L in 10.9

I thought maybe it was only this way in the new mastering DAW I'm trying (Triumph by Audiofile Engineering) but now that I look in Wavelab, Pro Tools, and Logic, it seems that it's the scrolling display if very slow, choppy, jittery, whatever you want to call it in all the DAWs I have.

I think I have graphics acceleration turned off due to some other GUI issues.

Is there a Pro-L updated planned soon, or a beta available that resolves this?

It seems that Pro-L is about due for a maintenance update.

Justin Perkins

For what it's worth. All FabFilter plugins appear to be having slow/jittery graphics on my computer while others are working as expected.

iMac 27"
3.5 GHz Intel i7
32GB RAM
Solid State hard disk for OS and external audio drives

OSX 10.10.2

All current FF installs

Triumph 2.5.3
Logic 10.1.1
Pro Tools 11.3.1

With Pro-L it's quiet noticeable because the speed of the passing audio meters slows and speeds up slightly if you really pay attention.

It's no longer smooth.

Justin Perkins

Hi Justin,

You can't really get smooth scrolling/animation without graphics acceleration. That's the tradeoff.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi Fabfilter friends!

I managed to fix my stuttering/choppy waveform display in FF plugins (mainly Pro-C 2, Pro-G, Pro-Q 2), so I thought I'd share it with ya.

While troubleshooting an unrelated issue for Windows 7 64-bit, I found that I had the 32-bit version of Google Chrome instead of the 64-bit variant. After I uninstalled the 32-bit and installed the 64-bit, suddenly my FF plugins started displaying smooth fps for the first time ever!

I hope that helps someone out there. :)

Adam

Gosun

Thanks for sharing that!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list