FabFilter User Forum

Pro Q 2 Crashes in Ableton

Hi all,

I wanted to briefly check with you guys, if you're experiencing the same crashing issues as I do.

Almost always when I try to make changes to my Pro Q 2 (2.03) an Ableton Live error message pops up, telling me:

"A serious program error has occurred. Live will shut down after this message box is closed....blabla"

When I restart Live, the crash report box on the right usually tells me that it was a problem with my Pro Q 2 instances.

Have you guys any clue how to fix this? Over time, it's quite annoying if you have to reboot your DAW 3 times in 5 min and I'm close to desperation.

BTW:
My DAW is Ableton 9.1.7 and I'm on a Mac.

Really appreciate your help and your thoughts on this topic!

JS

Hi JS,

Very strange! We haven't had any other reports about crashed in Ableton Live 9.1.7 on Mac. I'm running it myself as well, without any problems...

Are you using the 64-bit or 32-bit version? Are you using the AU or VST plug-in? Do you get an OS X crash report you could e-mail us? Thanks!

Floris (FabFilter)

Hey Floris,

thanks for your quick response!

Sure, when I'm home later, I'll mail you a crash report!

I use the 32-bit version (VST plug in).

Thanks
Jan

JS

Pro Q2 Is the best EQ ever and it drives me insane how much it crashes in 32 bit mode when the plugin is instantiated. Mac Book Pro OS X 10.8.5 Ableton Live 9.2. Quad core I7 8 RAM.

Literally, 4 times in 5 minutes.

Fab filter is crashing ableton non stop.

Rob Stern

Hi Rob,

Can you send us some crash reports via email (use the Contact link at the bottom of this page)?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

having the same issue. Multiple crashes within minutes everytime I try to load Pro Q 2

Dennis

Can you please send us a crash report and system details?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list