FabFilter User Forum

Exclusion of VAT for non-EU buyers?

I never noticed this with previous purchases, but when selecting plugins to purchase, it says "Total (incl. VAT)"

I'm in the US, so shouldn't VAT be excluded?

DJMaytag

With this, we mean that VAT is included if applicable. So you're always looking at the net price, no surprises at checkout.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

In the latest sale the price at checkout seems to be the same regardless of whether or not you qualify for VAT exemption by virtue of your country. Pro Q3 for instance is $118.30. If you are in the Philippines this is the price you pay. If you are in Europe your website shows how much VAT is included in the $118.30. If you are in the Philippines it stays at $118.30 with no mention of the VAT it contains in the price. We are therefore denied any reduction for the VAT content.

ANDY HYNER

Hi Andy,

We always advertise the final price including VAT because we don't want any surprises at checkout. So if VAT is included, we lower our price to cover it, instead of raising the final price. Everyone pays the same, we take care of VAT.

Note also that in the EU (where we are based) we are required to display final prices including VAT.

I hope this explains it for you.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list