FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q 2 question

Just wondered if anyone can help.

When I try the eq match, the profile that it makes/generates is of the scale ? That is to say the profile of the cut & boost that it makes to match source is off the scale. I'm sure its something simple but I can't figure it out..

Joe

Hi Joe,

Could it be that one of the input and side chain signals is much quieter than the other?

The EQ Match feature works best if the level of the input and side chain signals is roughly equal. You can adjust this with the Input knob in the bottom bar, or using the level controls in your host. Use the spectrum analyzer to judge the result, and then start EQ Match again.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

That's what puzzles me, because they are very closely matched in spectrum, but when eq match is applied it jumps off the scale..

Wonder if there is anyone who is using this in Cubase who could confirm I'm doing things right ?

Thanks for your reply

Joe

Hi Joe,

Could it be that you have the EQ display scale set to +6 or +12, while the changes applied by EQ Match are more than 12 dB? In that case, the match result will probably exceed the borders of the interface, but selecting the +30 EQ display scale should fix it...

Floris (FabFiter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list