FabFilter User Forum

High Resolution Bug

Hi there,

Since getting a 3840x2160 screen (Samsung UE40HU6900 running at 30Hz), I've noticed that there's a lot of lag when closing any FabFilter plugin window. Upon clicking the cross at the top right of a FabFilter plugin, everything on screen will pause for about 5-10 seconds before the window finally closes. This behaviour occurs even when there's only one plugin active in a new project and CPU usage is at 1%.

My setup:
Cubase Pro 8 (x64)
Windows 7 SP-1 (x64)
Nvidia GTX780
Primary Display: Samsung UE40HU6900 3840x2160@30Hz)
Secondary Display: Dell 2405FPW (1920x1200@60Hz)

No other plugin I've used have this issue; only FabFilter ones seem to suffer from it.

Thanks, Jim.

Jim

Additional: This bug occurs only once the spectrum has been active on screen or the mouse has been hovered over the spectrum where the movement knobs are. Upon opening a fresh instance of Cubase and opening a project, it is possible to close the Pro-Q 2 and other windows instantly.

Jim

Update: It seems that a new Cubase Pro 8 project I have just created isn't manifesting the bug. I have no idea what might be causing it in all of the other projects apart from this one.

Jim

Sorry to keep posting. You can delete this thread, as I believe it is my graphics card that is causing the issue occasionally.

I don't want to waste anyone's time trying to work out what's going wrong when there's probably nothing wrong with the plugins.

Jim
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list