FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q Q jump bug in Ableton? <- FIXED

Is anyone else having the experience of the Q jumping to the lowest value upon releasing the mouse button after dragging a filter node? I'm wondering if this is a bug...

Eric Oberthaler

Hi Eric,

We have two other reports describing this behavior, which only seems to happen in a specific Ableton Live version - please e-mail us about this with as much background information as possible and we'll look into it!

Floris (FabFilter)

I'm getting this too. Running Live 9 on a MBP.

Conanb

I have exactly the same problem. Have had it for quite some time over the latest few versions of Ableton Live both with Pro-Q and Pro-Q 2. I'm now running Ableton Live 9.1.6 64-bit on Yosemite, rMBP mid 2012.

Jesper

Hi all,

We have a number of reports for this issue; all for Ableton Live 9.1.3 or higher on a MBP Retina. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to happen for everyone with this configuration - we have tested with a MBP Retina ourselved and still haven't been able to reproduce this issue, so it's vertually impossible to find the cause at this point...

Our gut feeling though, is that this is an issue in Ableton Live, and we've e-mailed Ableton about this as well (but haven't received a reply yet). It would be great if you could e-mail ableton about it as well...

As soon as we have more info on this, we'll let you know!

Floris (FabFiter)

Any news? This bug is driving me crazy. Makes the plugin utterly frustrating to use...

I didn't see the reply from Floris before just now, and I'll write Ableton for sure if that might help.

Before doing that though, do you have any additional info that I could send their way? I just imagine that if I write them saying "hey, because of something with your software, this third-party plugin is not working" they will categorically dismiss it...

Jesper

Yes! We've been able to reproduce the bug and Ableton has confirmed it to be a problem in Live 9. They will fix it in an update.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

still seeing this bug as well, makes the plugin impossible to use.

Andy

still an issue in Live Beta 9.2b6

Andy

Sorry to hear that! We've worked with Ableton to pinpoint the problem and they confirmed it as a bug in Live and said they would fix it. Unfortunately there's nothing more we can do at this point...

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Bug still exists in Live 9.5. Kindof shitty when you spend money on a plugin you can't use eh?

Andy

I feel your pain but there's really nothing we can do about it. It's a bug in Live, we tracked it down, emailed them the specifics, they confirmed it, and now it's simply up to them.

What YOU can do is bug Ableton about it until they finally fix it!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Since Ableton doesn't seem to give any priority to solving this longstanding issue in Live, we have now come up with a work-around in version Pro-Q 2 version 2.10. From www.fabfilter.com/news/1489392000/all-fabfilter-pro-plug-ins-updated:

"Added a workaround for a bug in Ableton Live on Mac that could cause the Q parameter for a band to be reset to its minimum value when dragging it around in the AU plug-in version of Pro-Q 2."

You can download the latest versions of all plug-ins via www.fabfilter.com/download

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list