FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q2 Link Behavior Odd...

I have a weird issue on Nuendo 6.5 Windows 7 64bit, where when I have a couple of Pro-Q2 linked the changes I make on one, does not happen on the other (unless it is the HPF/LPF). Pro-Q1 has no issue here.

Any ideas what it could be?

Christopher Hoffee

Hi Christopher,

How do you link the instances in Nuendo?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Selecting two mono channels, press link button that gives you options of what to link, I usually select to link all but panning for stereo use.

I have by default, the HPF and LPF activated already, since this is my main use of eq per channel. Those sections link in unison, but if I were to add a new band frequency, there is no linking. Obviously, this ruins the true stereo aspect of mixing.

As I've stated, Pro-Q1 works fine in this respect, but Pro-Q2...is there a different protocol I have to do?

Thank you for your help.

Christopher Hoffee

In Pro-Q 2, we use a different system to represent the active band parameters. This makes automation easier (you can now freely add and remove bands without breaking existing automation). However, in your case, I think the act of adding a new band is not passed on to the other instance.

Can you try instead to start with a preset that contains more bands? For example the Flat 7 Bands factory preset.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Frederik,

Yes. I tried that today before I read your reply. It does work starting with the preset with more bands.

I just need to change my workflow a little, but this will work fine.

Thank you for your help,
Christopher

Christopher Hoffee
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list