FabFilter User Forum

Pro Q 2 (without sidechain)

Hi FabFilter team,

Would it be possible to create Pro-Q 2 without a sidechain for use in Adobe Audition?

I see "Pro-C", "Pro-C Mono" and "Pro-C (SC)" in the list, so it is possible to use the non-sidechained instance of Pro-C in Audition. But Pro-Q 2 doesn't seem to have an instance with the side-chain disabled.

Adobe Audition is a bit temperamental and doesn't process audio if the side-chain in a plugin is enabled.

P.S. I am using version 3.0 of Audition. Not sure if it works in later versions. Perhaps I should upgrade one day, but the later versions took out some of the features I regularly use. I understand if you wouldn't want to make it backwards compatible for hosts that don't have side-chain feature.

Regards, Jim.

Jim

Hi Jim,

We already have a workaround in our plugins for host that don't support side chains, like WaveLab 6 or Adobe Premiere. We'll add Audition to the list for future updates.

For now, you can disable the side chain manually:
www.fabfilter.com/support/faq/22/in-adobe-audition-fabfilter-plug-ins-with-a-side-chain-are-disabled

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks very much, Frederik.

Cheers, Jim.

Jim

I just checked and Adobe Audition CC just works out of the box with Pro-Q 2, both with the VST2 and VST3 versions. So we won't change anything in Pro-Q 2.

For older versions, you can use the workaround described above.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list