FabFilter User Forum

Is there a time limit on the Pro-Q2 upgrade offer?

Is there a time limit on the Pro-Q2 upgrade offer?

Magnus

Hi Magnus,

No, you can upgrade at any time!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I mean... is this "blue" 62% discount my upgrade discount "forever"? My regular next discount percentage is 37%. Will Q2 upgrade discount be lowered to that level as time go by. Is this "blue" 62% discount limited to say a month ahead?

Magnus

Hi Magnus,

... the discount will stay like that! No time limit!

Floris (FabFilter)

I must admit I feel the upgrade price is rather high. I normally upgrade without much thought when new versions are out but I think I'll stay with V1.

Neil

I posted this yesterday before the product was released on gearslutz,

If you think 100 bucks is too much, then you gotta think about this...

These are all the other EQs you'd need to gain some of the featues the new v2 has.

-EQ matching - Nugen SEQ-S ($249)
-Piano Display - Waves Hybrid EQ($79 as of now for sale, $200 regularly)/DMG Equilibrium ($231)
-Extremely steep slopes on all filters, flat tops - Air EQ (Not out yet)
-Tilt EQ - Sonimus Sweetone ($25)/Boz T-bone ($50 - this is an awesome plugin though, I'd suggest checking it out)/Softube Tonelux Tilt ($99)
-Spectrum Match - Nothing else has this that I know
-Plus many more features

Joseph Lyons

Magnus, I don't disagree and the new features look great. Problem is I wouldn't be going out to buy all these features right now. If they come in a new version fantastic, if they come for $50 I kinda get that. I just feel $100 for an update is too much when I already have the V1 doing a good job. I expected this price and just would have bought it. It's not a cae of what I can afford, more one of do I think this is best value for my music production spend.

Neil

Sorry, reply was to Joseph

Neil
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list