FabFilter User Forum

External Sidechain for Pro-MB and Maschine2

Hi Fabfilter:

I am evaluating Pro-MB for purchase and I would like to know how to side chain it with Maschine2.

Maschine2 plugin preferences recognizes Fabfilter Pro-MB(VST), Fabfilter Pro-MB(Mono(VST) and Fabfilter Pro-MB(AU).

None of them offer the (SC) option as the rest of my purchased Fabfilter plugins (Pro-C, Timeles2, Volcano2)
Am I missing something in here?

Thank you for your time!

fabfilter user

Can't help you with Maschine specifically, but MB (opposed to Pro-C etc) doesn't have a separate SC plugin. You can use the regular plugin to route another signal into the sidechain (works in Live).

Bram

I did this just yesterday to duck the snare on the overheads (works beautifully with the "free" sidechain btw). I'm in Studio One and this is how it works there: instance MB in the OH track, create your band, select "Ext" for the sidechain in the expert panel. Then in the frame that Studio One puts around each plugin, click on the "Sidechain" button at the top to activate it (there may be something similar in other DAWs, I've only used SO). Then just put a send on the snare track, select "OH - Pro-MB Sidechain" (or whatever it was called) which should appear in the drop-down menu for the send, and that's it. Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Cabirio

Hello

Someone found out how to route it in
Maschine 2?

Nicolas
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list