FabFilter User Forum

Fab Filter free in Computer Music

What a give away, and great incentive to get Twin. My question is, how much to upgrade to Fabfilter One V 3.0?

www.fluidgroove.us
www.myspace.com/phatsobrown

Phatso Brown

Hi there!

There is no special upgrade price for One, because it's already fairly low priced. But, since we have just released FabFilter Twin two months ago, there's a special upgrade from the CM One which gived you a $20 discount!

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)

That's fair enough. As soon as I get my hands on the CM issue, I'll order Twin. I have the demo installed anyway and have fallen in love with it. By the way, this issue is great for two reasons:
1) Free Fabfilter One
2) Phatso Brown featured in the Music section. Check me out! Can't wait to use Twin in my next acid electro powered productions!
Cheers!

www.fluidgroove.us

Phatso Brown

Cool! We'll check out your feature in the magazine when we receive it :-)

Floris (FabFilter)

Another reason why it's good is that my letter is 'message of the month' ;-)

Anyway thanks for this great promo for a great synth!

Iain

Iain Morland

Hey,
I enjoyed your 'get podded' letter. Congrats on winning that Moog.

Phatso Brown

By the way, there's one little problem with the version of FabFilter One included with Computer Music. The preset folder isn't initialized correctly when the plugin is installed.

To fix this, click 'Change Preset Folder' in the presets menu, and select My Documents\FabFilter\One. That's all!

Frederik (FabFilter)

Just enjoyed the CM98 issue and installed FabFilter One. You probably wont remember, but I contributed a batch of presets for the FabFilter One as part of a presetcompetition hosted at patcharena.com (back in oct. 2004). I tried to load all the presets from that competition (downloadable from the patcharena.com website), but only the presets that were contributed in .fxp-fileformat will load - not the ffp-files?! Has the fileformat changed? Or is it not possible to load "real" FabFilter One presets (ffp's) onto the CM One?

metal

Hi!

FabFilter One is now at version 3, and since that version added some important features, presets saved in version 3 cannot be opened in version 2!

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)

just wanted to buy fabfilter one but hey we get it for free now....I'm really enjoying it ...great sounds .
Thanks verry much ..I will get fabfilter twin verry soon
REspect to the dutch engineers

greetings from belgium

gentle clock divider

... but do try the version 3 of FabFilter One. The newer version is polyphonic and has some other improvements!

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)

wel the fact that it is not polyphonic doesn't matter much to me au contraire ,I love it ,like they say :less is more
So allright it isn't the most versatile synth on the market but I prefer a good sounding simple mono synth over a well youknow what I mean
Pretty soon fabfilter one can play outside with his bigger brother fabfilter duo in my sequencer garden .......
Once again ...thanks
Vanaf nu zijn er 3 nederlandse exportproducten
1.synton
2.fabflter
3;de hollandse maatjes
cheers

gentle clock divider

Thanks! :-)

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hey - I didn't actually experience the present folder problem described by Frederik on my installation. I'm using Live 5.0.3 with my VSTs in Logic's VST folder, if that's significant.

Iain Morland

Fabfilter One and Live 5: Electro Heaven.
Phatso
www.fluidgroove.us

Phatso Brown

Great synth!

I am having problems loading the presets. I changed the location as suggested by Fredrik but I am still getting an error message when I try to load some of the presets.

Digby

Hi Digby,

I think this is your problem: you cannot load FF One v3 presets into the free FF One v2!

Floris (FabFilter)

Hi Digby,

To be more specific: I think you installed the CM One (v2) on top of an existing One v3 installation. Because existing presets aren't replaced, most of the One presets on your system are for One version 3. The CM One can't read those.

Solution: Delete the entire FabFilter One presets folder and then reinstall the CM version of One. This will install the correct version 2 presets.

Cheers!

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi all, I just bought my first MIDI controller and from the 57 minutes I had available this weekend to get it up and running I think its all ok. I installed the fabfilter from computer music mag and noticed that its not “polyphonic” (my definition of this is that when you hold down more than one key on the keyboard it plays both notes together ie a chord….. please correct me if this definition is wrong)…..

Is it not meant to be “polyphonic”? Are most synths polyphonic or not? I noticed someone’s posting on this board saying that they didn’t mind that it isn’t polyphonic…. Is it not polyphonic as it’s a free (ie light or limited) version?

Thanks!

Ps while I am here, can anyone recommend a good cheap synth with lots of variety? It has to be polyphonic!

cheers

gary

Hi Gary,

Your right, the CM version of FabFilter One is monophonic. You can of course try the latest version of FabFilter One (3.0), which is polyphonic, or you could try FabFilter Twin of course :-)

Just download the 30-day trial versions here and have a go!

Floris (FabFilter)

I went to pick up CM98 to dl FabFilter One and the next issue, CM99, was out. Bummer. Then I looked inside and saw FabFilter One was still included on the disk! Cool. I bought the mag, loaded up CM Studio and other neat stuff, but no Fab Filter One. Back to "Bummer." I searched the disc. No go. Emailed CM a week ago. No answer. I assume from the posts that the FF1 I dl here is not the same as the one in CM?

Jim

there's a thread about this in the computer music forum:

forum.midiaddict.com/viewtopic.php?t=76217

it appears that it _should_ have been on issue #99's disc, but was left off in error...it is apparently on issue 100's disc...

paul

paul

Thx.
Have somene ever hear about lucid samples,
i recently found some synth samples
www.lucidsamples.com/one-shot-samples/285-ultimate-power-synths.html
but still thinking about buying.

djwest

version 3 is quite good, btw I got a question have someone knows
good sample sources here?
I got only this two pages?But don't buying loops yet.
What do u think?
www.looperman.com
www.lucidsamples.com

moonbeats
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list