FabFilter User Forum

Pro MB - Mid/Side Sideching

Hey there,

I recently realized that the when using mid/side processing while using an external input, that Pro MB actually uses the mid/side signal of the "key" input to drive the sidechain.

I was kind of dissapointed as I assumed that it would work the other way around. That the mid/side of the SOURCE would get effected by the key input, and when the mid/side was chosen, that the SOURCES mid/side signal would get modulated.

I hope I explained this alright. It just doesn't make sense to me why i would want the key inputs mid/side signal, I'd much rather be able to effect the sources Mid'side signal

cheers

greg

greg

Do you mean to "duck" only the Mid or Side Signal like in Pro-C ?

Now that you`ve mentioned it i have to try it for myself.

Hope it works....

Greetz

Johannes Wutti

When using mid- or side-only processing, only the mid or side portion of the source signal (regular input), will be adjusted. Depending on which position the stereo link knob is in, Pro-MB uses a combination of the linked and unlinked side chain signal. That logic works the same with internal and external side chaining.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

great thanks, the behaviour of the stereo/mid-side slider fooled me for a bit there, now i see thanks!

greg
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list