FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q - Bug changing from Low Shelf to Low Cut

Hi there.

I have found a bug with version 1.23 of Pro-Q.

After creating a Low Shelf shape by clicking in the left of the EQ window, upon changing the type to Low Cut, the display does not update properly and remains looking like a Low Shelf. The Frequency and Q knobs have to be fiddled with until the display updates to show the Low Cut filter shape instead of the Low Shelf shape.

Regards, Jim.

Jim

Hi Jim,

We have had one other report of this problem, but so far we've not been able to reproduce it ourselves. Can you give me an exact list of steps to take to reproduce?

• Are you using the shape button below the curve to set it to Low Cut, the right-click menu, or Ctrl+Alt-click?
  • Which host and operating system are you using?

Thanks!

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi again.

My system is: Windows 7 (x64), Cubase 7.0.6 (x64). I am using Pro-Q VST3 (x64).

This is what I do. I will also try to install a screen recorder and make a recording:
1. Click in the left of the main window on the white line to create a Low Shelf and drag it down a little bit.
2. Click on the shape selection button (to the left of the frequency knob) and select Low Cut.
~ The display does not update to represent a Low Cut shape, but a Low Cut effect can be heard.
3. Drag the frequency knob higher and lower until the display updates. If this does not work, drag the Q knob up and down until it updates the display to show a Low Cut.

Regards, Jim.

P.S. If I put my email into the 'Email' field on this form, will it show it publicly? Thanks.

Jim

I just figured out how to make the bug occur 100% of the time:

The bug only occurs when the Low Shelf is dragged down too low, which causes the display to auto-scale. If the display does not auto-scale when the Low Shelf is created, then the bug doesn't occur when switching to a Low Cut shape.

Jim

- also the mouse button has to be released before the display has fully auto-scaled.

So this is how to make it occur 100% of the time:

1. Click in the left of the main window on the white line to create a Low Shelf and drag it down until the window auto-scales. **Release the mouse button before the window has finished auto-scaling**
2. Click on the shape selection button (to the left of the frequency knob) and select Low Cut.
~ The display does not update to represent a Low Cut shape, but a Low Cut effect can be heard.
3. Drag the frequency knob higher and lower until the display updates. If this does not work, drag the Q knob up and down until it updates the display to show a Low Cut.

Jim

Awesome, thanks for the list of steps! I can now reproduce the problem myself and we'll fix it in the next update.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list