FabFilter User Forum

Noise at using Saturn

Hi guys,

everytime i use the fabfilter saturn at one channel, for example snaredrum, there is a noisey sound wich only disapper if i bypass the saturn ?! If i use auto mute the noise disapper afteer 1 or 2 seconds ?!

Felix

Hi Felix,

Which host are you using? Did you modify the default preset (via Options > Save As Default)?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I use Cubase 6.5. no i dont it is getting louder if i push up the drive ... bu there is no noise if saturn is bypassed :/ ...

Felix

Saturn does add a tiny bit of noise to the signal, but it should be very low in amplitude. Can you send us a preset (using the contact link at the bottom of this page) that demonstrates the problem?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I've been facing a similar problem here in Reaper 4+. At the end of the mixing session, I go around hunting for noise sources and most of the times it's been Saturn. :( The noise is quite loud, of course it does go through a couple of rounds of gentle compression (track, buss etc.) in the chain.

But, I haven't found a solution to work around this. As Felix mentioned, when you try to apply more Drive, the noise gets louder and a lot of these are just Factory presets, lightly tweaked.

I don't remember if the noise is present when I initially apply the FX, I usually start hearing it much later in the mix.

Hope you can find what's causing this.

Oop
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list