FabFilter User Forum

fabfilter pro-q equalizer - weird bug in pro tools!

totally loving this eq. it has really changed my life the past few weeks. a friend of mine turned me onto it and at first I was like "whatever, another eq." I mean for surgical stuff, digi eq serves me fine. however, I can't believe how much faster and better I can get stuff to sound using this eq. I don't think it's much of a mojo eq, but for surgical stuff, shaping sounds and eq'ing for post, I really think it's amazing.

anyway, I was using many instances on a mix project for a new band I'm working on and today as I was printing mixes I started to realize the sound was really off. I was like "where the heck is all the low end?" I started to check some of the eq settings and realized that all of them (mostly) completely reset from the settings I had dialed in (hours and hours of work mind you). my jaw dropped. it was a low cut setting, maybe cutting everything below 500 kHz.

has anybody had this happen (I'm on a mac, PT 10 HD native). my sessions are CPU heavy, but I've never had anything like this happen to me before.

could I accidentally have eq'd something with "all" edit group selected? I think you can link plugins, but I never really had this happen, and I'm not entirely sure it's possible.

or do any of you fabfilter pro-q users know if there's a global setting that links all eqs on your channels? that would be something helpful to know.

thanks!

oto

otobianki74

Hi,

This sounds like a bug introduced in our November 2012 update, which we've fixed in December 2012. Can you double-check to make sure you're using our latest plugins?
www.fabfilter.com/download

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list