FabFilter User Forum

AAX plugin initialization error on PT10

Pro Tools could not load the following plug-ins either because no valid authorization could be found, the iLok key was not connected or the plug-in was damaged.'

*.aaxplugin
*.aaxplugin
*.aaxplugin

Hi,

I have this weird message, when starting ProTools 10 after installing the newest FabFilter AAX 64bit update. I also installed the new Ilok License Manager tool.

The FabFilter plug-ins work fine after skipping the error message, but I guess the AAX plugins are not working and the RTAS versions are used.

Can you please look into this? There is no Ilok license needed for the new FabFilter update right?

Cheers,

Ascii

Ascii

Hi Ascii,

Are you using the latest version of PT 10? You will need version Pro Tools 10.3.5 (or higher) to run the latest AAX plug-ins (because the 32-bit versions are using the new AAX 2.0 format).

Alternatively, if you don't want to upgrade your Pro Tools version, you can still go back to the RTAS plug-ins by removing the AAX plug-ins from your system.

And of couse: you do -not- need an iLok to run FabFilter plug-ins :-)

Let us know if that solved your problem!

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)

Hi Floris,

I installed Pro Tools 10.3.6 and now it works perfectly fine. Thanks!

Cheers,

Thomas

Ascii

When I purchased PT 10 I did not know anything about AAX. I now want to know how to Identify if my plugins are in fact AAX or RTAS. I went to C drive Common files plugins and they all say AAX but are they coming up as AAX in my Track inserts? I did a test session with 21 tracks 2 plgins per a total of 42 plgins the cpu was bouncing around at 13% with no audio playing.

ChuckLew

PS I am running PT 10.3.6

ChuckLew

All our plugins will display in the Help > About dialog whether they're running as AAX or RTAS.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list