FabFilter User Forum

PC Freezes when editing Fabfilter plugs

Hi, I recently noticed that when i'm using fabfilter plugins in Studio One V2.5 my pc freezes randomly when editing those plugs. At first i thought it was a studio one problem but i noticed this only happens when I edit fabfilter plugins. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you.

Casper Gommers

Hi Casper,

Thanks for reporting this issue! Could you tell us a bit more about your system? Are you on Windows or OS X? Does this happen with specific plug-ins or with any plug-in? Does this happen when performing certain specific actions? Thanks!

Floris (FabFIlter)

Hi Floris,

I'm on Windows 7 64bit running Studio One V2.5.1 32bit.
The system "freezes" when I edit fabfilter plugs. It happened on Pro-Q, Pro-DS and Pro-C so far. Most of the time this happens when the song is playing and i'm doing real time parameter changes in the plugin window. Suddenly the program freezes but i can still move my mouse for a while but clicking anywhere doesn't respond.
I already updated my videocard (nvidia geforce GTX660 TI) drivers to see if this solves the problem but no luck yet. Hope you can help me out.

Casper Gommers

Can you try disabling graphics acceleration to see if that helps?

www.fabfilter.com/support/faq/18/how-can-i-disable-graphics-acceleration-on-my-computer

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks Frederik,

I disabled the graphics acceleration. So far so good. I'll check back if problems arise again.

Casper Gommers

Still crash free, guess this worked. Thanks for the support guys!

Casper Gommers
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list