FabFilter User Forum

Twin 2 - weird unison problem

Using Twin 2 I've noticed a weird problem with the unison setting - sometimes when you load a project, Twin 2 doesn't load the unison setting properly... you have to manually change it something else and back again to get it to sound correct.

In this particular project, unison is set to 6, and it lends a distinct stereo effect to the part in question. When I load the project, the plugin says unison is set to 6 but it clearly doesn't sound the way it should... I need to switch it to something else (anything will do) and then back to 6 to make it sound correct.

Twin 2 v2.21 VST2.4 64bit
Reaper64 4.32
OS X 10.8.3

Vance

Hi Vance,

Thanks for reporting this. Could you e-mail us at info@fabfilter.com about this, and include a FabFilter Twin 2 preset and possible a sound snippet so we can listen to it? Thanks!

Floris (FabFIlter)

Having a similar issue here.

Using a preset (Keys - Modern - Depart 0) on a simple, legato MIDI track. Sounds fine until the session is either restarted or allowed to "rest" awhile. Play results in outrageous, loud, sound unrelated to the preset.

Fix only possible if you select another preset (or change the plugin settings in any way), then go back to the original preset.

To describe this as annoying is to call a torn ACL an "ouchie".

Pro Tools 11/12
Windows 7 PC

FC

FC

Hi FC,

Can you send us a small test session via email that demonstrates the issue, along with detailed steps (e.g. how long to wait)?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list