FabFilter User Forum

Pro Q submitting full scale digital noise?

I am still not sure if this is caused by Pro Q but here is what I've been experiencing.

I'm on PTHD10 Native on Mac and I'm using Pro Q's (AAX) on almost every track.
When I select multiple tracks and inactive those tracks, very loud digital noise is submitted from the tracks I inactived.
The tracks I'm getting the noise from right now has the following plugs inserted:
1) McDSP Channel G Compact (RTAS)
2) Auto Tune Ver5 (RTAS)
3) Waves CLA2A (RTAS)
4) Pro Q (AAX)

I was suspecting the old version of Auto Tune that I'm using, but removing the Auto Tune from the chain didn't make any difference.
Then I found out that when I inactivate Pro Q before I inactivate the tracks the noise would not come up.
Has anyone here experiencing the same problem?
It happens to two different computers so it's probably not the system issue.

ProTools HD Native 10.3.3 on Mac OS 10.7.4

xq3js

We'll investigate the issue and try to reproduce it.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi,

We've tried to reproduce this here, but without luck. Pro-Q AAX works flawlessly here in PT10.

Could you give us a bit more information and possibly a small test project (email to info@fabfilter.com) so we can try to reproduce this?

Are you using the latest version of Pro-Q? Are you sure the problem also occurs when using no other plug-ins at all, only Pro-Q?

Thanks,

Floris (FabFIlter)

Thank you for investigating the issue.

I still can not pin down the exact cause of this noise.
In that paticular session, Pro Q was one of the suspect but also there are other suspicious elements as well.
Right now my suspects are:
1) 3rd party AAX plugins (ie Breverb, Brainworx, McDSPs etc)
2) Old version of AutoTune (ver5) which is not really compatible with the OS 10.7

I'll try to see if I can send you the session without the audio files.

xq3js
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list