FabFilter User Forum

Pro-DS Latency Compensation

Hello,

I have been playing around with Pro-DS a bit over the last week and I think I've either found a bug or am about to demonstrate a lack of knowledge/understanding on my part :-)

With look ahead enabled all audio being routed through Pro-DS is delayed by the lookahead amount and this is not compensated for by the DAW.

I have tested this on Logic 9.1.7 and Cubase 6.5 and can reproduce this behaviour on both workstations.

Thoughts?

Best from Berlin,
Leigh

Leigh Clark

Hi Leigh,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Pro-DS should reports its latency properly to the host, and we've tested this in Logic Pro and Cubase as well and didn't experience any problems?

Pro-DS can change its latency dynamically, for example when you enable/disable lookahead. Some hosts (like Logic Pro) do not react to this change right away, and only update latency compensation after a start/stop of the sequencer. Could that be the problem you're experiencing?

If not, have you double-checked that latency-compensation is actually enabled in both Logic Pro and Cubase?

Cheers,

Floris (FabFIlter)

Thanks for the reply. Thought I would quickly retest this, here's my results:

Cubase 6.5.x 32bit, Windows 7 64bit - Works fine. I tried repeatedly turning look-ahead on and off and adjusting the look ahead, no loss of "synchronisation".

Cubase 6.5.x 32bit, OSX - Also works fine, methodology as above.

Logic Pro 32bit, OSX - Does not work while playing back like it does in Cubase, but as you mentioned below stop-start works fine.

I am not sure why I thought that it was not working in Cubase before, perhaps I just imagined that I tested it... :(

My apologies for wasting your time on this :(

Cheers,
Leigh

Leigh Clark

Hi Leigh,

No problem! Thanks for letting us know :-)

Cheers,

Floris (FabFIlter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list