FabFilter User Forum

Crash while removing plugins on Studio One v2.5

Hello;

I have proL proQ and ProC. It was working before I updated my osx snow leopard to lion. I did updated my osx and now I am getting crashes if I remove my fabfilter plugins on lion. They were working on studio one v2.5 yesterday. After update they won't work proper even on a fresh project.

Macosx lion
Corei7
4gb ram
Studio one 2.5

best
Emrah Celik

Emrah

I just tested my other plugins from other companies and they all are working fine. Only Fabfilter newest versions are crashins my studio one.

Emrah

Well, looks like vst2 and au versions are working fine. only vst3 cause crash. Here is re-produce the crash.

1.Start a new project on studio one v2.5
2. When plugin is loaded, click to left corner of plugin window and click to remove. It will crash.
3. If you remove same plugin from mixer or from channel inserts it won't crash.

weird.

Emrah

Hello again;

I have installed previous versions of plugins and they all working fine. There must be something wrong with new updates.

proC117
ProL105
proQ113

working fine.

best.
Emrah

Emrah

Hi Ermah,

I just tested with Pro-C/L/Q, Studio One 2.5, OS X Lion 10.7.5, and could not get it to crash. Here is what I did:

1. In the Studio One startup screen, click Create New Project
2. In the Master section, click + and add the VST 3 version of Pro-C.
3. Click on the arrow in the left-top corner of the plugin interface, click Remove.

Does this exact sequence of steps cause the crash for you or is there something else that I need to do as well?

Are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Studio One? (I tried both.)

Can you email a crash log to us (use the Contact link at the bottom of this page)?

Thanks,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hello;

I am using mountain lion 10.8.2 which is newest version of lion. 32bit versions of both studio one and ff.

Steps are correct except osx version. Thanks for helping.

emrah

Great, I could reproduce this in 10.8.2, and I've been able to fix this in today's update!
www.fabfilter.com/download

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

OMG, this is absolutely fantastic. What a fast update!

Thank you very much for to listening your costumers and keep them happy all the time.

Best
Emrah

Emrah

Top notch, as always.

Steve

:-)

Floris (FabFIlter)

Hi there,
I am having this problem as well. I cannot remove your plugins once they are instantiated on a track. When I try to remove them (compression, EQ), Studio One immediately crashes. If I am successful in removing them, Studio One crashes as soon as I try to save my project. Newest version of studio one as of December, 2017 and latest versions of the plugins. Help! Your plugins are holding my DAW hostage!

GG

GG

They are definitely going to need a bit more information, GG. Like your exact version of Studio One, as well as your operation system (and if everything is 64-bit).

I just tested in Studio One 3.5.4 64-bit on Windows 10, and there was no issues with crashing here at least. I use FF plugins extensively (including moving or removing them) and have never encountered this issue.

Torben Andersen

Studio One 3.5.4.45392 OSX x64 (Nov 30 2017 build)
Sierra OS 10.12.6

And, interestingly, this doesn't happen on every track...the plot thickens :-)

G

GG

Are you using the latest versions of our plugins? And what kind of Mac are you using?

Can you send us a crash report via email?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Can you tell me how to verify if I'm using latest version? Couldn't find any way to version the plugins on the channel strip...let me know and I'll check. Macbook Pro, 16 gigs of ram...

GG

GG

Just use Help > About in the plugin interface to check the version. Is it a MacBook Pro with touch bar? We fixed a bug about a year ago that could explain this crash.

You can always download the latest versions here: www.fabfilter.com/download

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

It's a Macbook Pro, not a touch bar, and looks like I have the latest versions of the plugins...

GG

2017 MacBook Pro [no touchbar]
macOS Sierra [Version 10.12.6]

Studio One 3.5.3 [64 Bit]

FabFilter Pro-Q 2 [Version 2.1.1] [64 Bit]

Whenever I remove this plugin from the track in my Mixer window, the DAW crashes as well.

Tyrieke Morton
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list