FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q Feature Request (Spectrum Analyzer)

Hi,

I would love the ability to adjust the slope of the spectrum analyzers display in Pro-Q.

It appears Pro-Q uses no slope compensation, meaning a slope of 0dB. What I would like to do is be able to adjust the display slope. Thinking about the GUI in Pro-Q I realize a fully adjustable parameter may not make sense. So if a fully adjustable parameter for the spectrum display slope can not be implemented a pull down selector (like what is already there for the analyzer's "quality" and "speed" selections) with the follow parameters should work just fine:

0dB, 1.5dB, 3.0dB, 4.5dB and 6dB.

I'm personally very use to a 4.5dB slope setting. This is what Voxengo SPAN uses by default (but you can adjust it to whatever you want). 3dB (what pink noise's slope is) and 6dB are both also pretty standard.

Please consider implementing this. It will make the spectrum analyzer much more useful to many of us.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the feature request. We'll consider this for a future update!

Floris (FabFilter)

Cool. Please do. It will make the analyzer much more useful.

Mark

great idea

milo

very useful

stixman

I think foloowing Bluecats' strategy of a free fully featured analyzer would be a good move and build it into Pro Q for customers like myself.

Gordon

i agree... this would be great

shane

I just noticed Pro-MB's analyzer has this very feature! I'm sure that means Pro-Q will be getting an update soon to have an analyzer tilt option as well. Cool.

Mark
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list