FabFilter User Forum

nice One... will there be a Two?

Your One is amazing! I can't thank you enough. I recently had to sell my Korg MS-20 for financial reasons, so forgive me when I say I'd love to see a second oscillator and a resonant HPF.

Regards,
Duncan

duncan

Hi Duncan,

Good to hear you like the One! In the future, FabFilter will definitely release a polyphonic synth plugin. However, at the moment we are concentrating on porting the FabFilter One to Mac. If there is any news on updates or new plugs, we'll anounce it via this website and the newsletter!

Downloaded FFO yesterday and fired it up ca.30 minutes ago... The reason im here at this site now is just to have a last check for support and the usual stuff surrounding a softwareproduct. To make this story short, IT SOUNDS FABOULUS! Talk about filters, YES YES YES, believe me I have been looking for a great synth for a great price for a long time. Now its here, behold, the Fabulous filter one. Does it sit nicely in the mix? try it out yourself. Finally im willing to pay up. I hope this is just the beginning. Thanks a million, Carlito.

Carlito Oscillator5

I really like the sound of this plugin. The filter is excellent and has a very smooth sound and doesn't run into the digital aliasing and filter-step sounds on a resonant sweep that every other soft-synth does. Turning the knob is like changing the control voltage with a potentiometer. Not increasing a number with 0-128 MIDI clicks. And you can really hear the difference.

But... The Envelope Generator is really wierd. If I buy it and read the manual it may make more sense but I'm used to standard ASDR envelopes and not what One uses. There is something wierd with the decay/sustain. Using high EG amount with decay high creates result I don't expect. Same with sustain and hold. It takes a whole lot of experimentation just to get a simple moog-bass. I have the demo that was released about 2 and a half weeks ago.

The sound quality is excellent especially on the filter. I wish the oscillator would drift just because when soft-synths have drifting oscillators to drift a raw waveform isn't grating.

I really hope theres a FabFilter Two/Three. This would be great for brutal DnB sounds but there is no HPF. The filter is great for raw, powerful sounds but it's only low-pass. Need more oscillators, polyphony and a HPF. ButI guess that's for another product, $80 is fair for this little synth. It has an amazing smooth sound.

Excellent sound, keep it up. The filter puts NI to shame ;)

flash
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list