FabFilter User Forum

Using Korg padKONTROL xy-pad with fabfilter plugins xy-controller modulator

Hi there,

yesterday I received my new toy, a Korg padKONTROL:-) I choosed explicitly this controller because of the included xy-pad. My goal is to use it as a physical counterpart to control the several xy-controler modulators within the fabfilter plugins (e.g. Saturn).

Now, I have the problem to assign the xy-pad to xy-controller modulators using midi-learn within may DAW (Cubase 6.5). Midi-learn only detects one axis. After some try and error I found the solution to assign two quick-controls to padKONTROL which in turn get mapped to xy-controller modulators. But the result is not very precise. Controller values jump in different intervals along the axis.

So, my question is, is there a known best-practice to link the physical xy-pad of padKONTROL to xy-controller modulators in fabfilter plugins in a way that it can be assigned easily and work precisely?

Cheers,
DISTINCT

DISTINCT

We don't have a padKONTROL ourselves, but Saturn does let you associate separate MIDI controllers with the X- and Y-axis of an XY controller.

If you engage MIDI Learn mode in Saturn, horizontal and vertical indicators appear on top of each XY controller: click these to set the X- and Y-axis controller respectively.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list