FabFilter User Forum

Volcano2 - Filter Animation

I really thought the interactive filter display would be animated according to the modulation that's applied to them... ala FilterFreak. It doesn't do that? No setting to make them animated? If not, definitely needs to be an enhancement.

javahut

We've experimented with this but our conclusion was that it made the display hard to read and use. It would be nice to give live modulation feedback, so we'll look into this again in the future.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

+1! Would LOVE live modulation feedback!!

Jon

I'd only like to see this if it comes with the option to turn it off.

it may be nice to see feedback on slow sweeps but fast modulations would look way too busy for my taste.

I tried out fxpansion's synth squad a while back on a friends suggestion. it sounded nice, but the filter graphic was so hectic that I really didn't like working with it, and ultimately didn't purchase it. but i'm a picky sort of person.

It would be very helpful to be able to see the filters movement animate. I agree you should be able to turn it off though. Maybe a semi transparent ghost style animated image while the original filter is a solid image. Then both can be overlayed on top of each other.

James

+1

Markus
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list