FabFilter User Forum

Propellerhead Rack Extensions...

Please tell me you will release an RE version of your plugins... eventually

leoelzein

Extensions not extentions :)

leoelzein

We'll think about it... although we're not jumping up and down with joy at the thought of supporting yet another plug-in format. ;-)

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

according to their Apple-esque press conference, it's not too much extra work since they say the same base code can be used. But extra work of any kind is extra work.

That said, I'd love to see it. I always liked Reason but could never stay with it since all of my beloved plugs were incompatible. A major gui redesign would probably have to happen, which is a damn shame because FF plugs are gorgeous. Still, Timeless or Volcano and now Saturn would be amazing in a rack.

Just about everybody I know, including myself learned on Propellerhead software before moving on. Those that stuck with it are fanatical about it, and now those same people have a chance for a taste of the 3rd party world.. as would their wallets.

just wondering, why propellerhead still doesn't support vst...
maybe reason-user should rather try to reach this!

Flo

@Flo or, you might rather read any one of the numerous press releases on this?

It's a question that has come up quite a bit, and at first might seem like a legitimate one. But the props have already said why they won't support it.

as a Studio One user I can say the fact that undo will be supported by the host is a very good reason. The lack of space bar stealing is another. And anybody who has used a NI plug (or any company's for that matter) will probably like the part where presets are stored and saved in the main browser. Then there's workflow and automation etc...

For them it's a way to keep the look and feel of Reason without sacrificing quality. They keep a 30% cut of sales so it's not entirely noble, but it's not something I feel warrants the "y u no support vsts!?" comments I've been seeing.

but that's just my 2 cents. - rant over -

@Guest
I didn't read any press releases, but what you're saying makes sense. Was just thinking, propellerhead could find a clever way to bring in vst ports in Reason while still providing its undoubted benefits if they really wanted. Perhaps that's wrong, but for me was the impossibility to use other instruments and fx the reason to leave it behind. I also know some people that are very happy with Reason the way it is. So actually there's no problem, everyone can decide in the world of DAWs and virtual instruments what he's going for...

Flo

Hi all,

We've learned a bit more on Rack Extensions over the weekend and it seems that Propellerhead wants to create the user interface for a plug-in themselves based on graphics that we would supply.

This means that e.g. for a plug-in like Pro-Q, you would get a totally standard interface with just a lot of not-very-responsive knobs: no display etc. From what we understand, Propellerhead just wants to use the DSP code of a plug-in, not the UI code. We feel that this would severely diminish the user experience of our plug-ins and think that our plug-ins don't really fit well into this scheme.

We'll keep you updated with any news on this.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hey FabFilter Crew,

did U get any good news now??

i would love to see FabFilter Plugins in my Reason Rack!!!!

Rob

I'd like some news too. I'm really liking the re's I've seen so far and I know some Fabfilter ones would be awesome!

For now, we've decided to not go ahead with Rack Extensions for the reasons listed above.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

well that's a shame

I'd really love to have FabFilter One as a Rack Extension! No, seriously, I'd REALLY love to have FabFilter One as a Rack Extension! :)

Pavel

Hi,

I'm a Reason user since version 3 and on the other side I'm always watch out what's happening on the VST market.

I would really love it to have the chance to combine a Fabfilter Product with Reasons Rack Extension.

In that second when a product (like FabFilter One) would be released, I would buy it... :-)

Is there a chance that there will be a product?

CU

W.

WPShadow

I was all on board to support RE's until I read the EULA. RE's are non-transferable and not able to be resold. This is a deal breaker for me and I will not be buying them.

Hello

Reason 7 seems to have a better UI now for things like visual EQ. Are you going to check if it's possible to port pro Q to the new reason 7 SDK ?

Thanks

EPOK

We may want to look into that in the future, but right now it's not our first priority.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

You guys should really hop on the RE band wagon. Those guys are getting paid and no one is pirating it because they have much better protection. Please hit this market. Go to their forums or to the shop and look at some of the REs already out. I think you would fit in very nicely. It should maybe not be top priority but definitely second or third. Just my 2 cents. Thanks.

Scott

The good news is that you can use FabFilter One and Twin as standalone programs. Then, if you have Reason 7, you can send MIDI to the synths from Reason and return the audio from the synths to Reason.

To get the standalone programs:

Windows buy FF One and/or Twin here.
Mac buy the programs on the mac app store directly.

Windows, more expensive, but get VST, AU
Mac, much cheaper, but only get standalone

Ken

Please bring your plug ins to Reason 7.
I've been seeing Dave Pensado use your plugins, and I really hope you will develop them for Reason soon.

Big thanks,

Alejandro

Alejandro

I'm a Reason user as well and would love to see Fabfilter in the rack, but I understand why that's currently impractical. Fabfilter style user interfaces with their interactive graphical windows are not yet possible. The SDK will need to be enhanced first, but it's still a young format, so I'm sure it will be improved in the future.

Tronam

So ? Any news for a fabfilter rack extension ? Thanks

OCYO

Hi,

I know that your idea and your working process isnt similar with the process of Propellerheads, but is there a chance in the near future that you will produce some effects or some little things like the FabFilter One as a Reaxon Extenction?

I really would love it and buy it that second, when you put it in there.

best regards

W.

WPShadow

Yeah! Looking forward to get an extension for Reason.

Timsaga

I have to say it will make Reason the best DAW on the market if you make a Fabfilter RE. It will be the most awesome icing on an already pretty good cake.

Dliqr

I'd love to see Fabfilter's plugins in Reason ! I think you really have a place on that market, for example Reason's eq is ok but Fabfilter's Pro-Q is a total killer ! I'm sure a lot of reason would consider buying it if you por it on Reason.

NKDSP

I'd much rather they focus on vat/au than reason.

SeƱor Citizen

Or maybe you could ask Propellerheads to support VST? :-)

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Yes, rack extension version will be cool. Insta buy.

its me

please rack edition like izotope ozone 8 :)

ps
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list