FabFilter User Forum

Sidechaining with Pro-C in logic

Hi,

I recently switched from ableton to logic. In ableton when I used to use sidechaine it was alright, but when I use it in logic I still hear a little bit of the signal that I use as a trigger in the signal that is being affected.

In ableton the signal that triggered the sidechain was muted.

Is there any way how I can make a ghostkick I dont hear back in the affected signal?

R Mulder

Hi!

Indeed, side-chaining in Logic Pro works a bit different than in Ableton Live.

In Ableton, you were used to send the output of a certain try to either an (audible) main output OR to the side-chain inputs of a plug-in.

In Logic Pro however (and this is how it works in most hosts), you have to thing the other way around: in the plug-in header, you can select the track or bus that should be used as a side-chain signal for the plug-ins. And this won't affect the original routing of that track or bus, so you'll still hear it in your mix.

Of course, you can simply mute the track or bus that you use as side-chain signal; then you won't hear it but it's still triggering the side-chain.

Hope this helps!

Floris (FabFilter)

Tnx, it works.
I actually did that, but with a midi triggered signal.
You couldnt mute that, because you'd lose the sidechain input signal.

With an audio trigger it works well

Ive now set up a ghostkick.

R Mulder

Hello;

You have to create or use an muted output SILENT KICK TRIGGER which is for using triggering sidechain other than your original kick. Just duplicate your kick and use all the way down on your project. Route it to the a silent output or if there is post fader use or channel fader as post fader so even you take down the volume of your channel your silent kick will be trigger your compressor without hearing secondary kick signal. I am not using logic but this is pretty common fuction in all daws as i am using cubase 6.

Emrah
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list