FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q Dynamic EQ

Would be cool if Fabfilter added a dynamic feature to Pro Q, preferably with side-chain input aswell.

I could work in the same vein as Meldaproduction mAutoDynamicEq

cheers

Claes

Great idea!

+1

Ben

Yes please! This is thé best eq plugin atm but it only lacks some dynamic eq functions.

Stef

FF Pro-Q Dynamic EQ would be a dream come true!

Enrique Silveti

Definitely!

Rustam

YES! :)

Forrest

Would be nice.

Steve

It would be indeed a great addition to an already fantastic EQ!

Catramola

Another yes please here!

Mark

Another vote here.

Alex

Forgot to mention, Dynamic Equalizers are promoted in Books like Mixing Audio by Roey Izhaki and Mixing Secrets by Mike Senior.

In 2009, Frederik from your company said you'll consider it( see link). How's it coming? I will purchase one in the next few months. I am enjoying your easy to use plugin interfaces and would prefer to buy yours.

www.fabfilter.com/forum/1023/pro-q-dynamic-eq-feature#comment0

Alex

We're unfortunately not ready to release a dynamic EQ in the next couple of months, but it's definitely on the to-do list! We just can't do everything at once...

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

How about including your modulation system from the creative FX in the ProQ? If I can modulate the level per EQ band with the Envelope follower, I have everything I need, don't I?

Gero

Hi Gero,

Good idea! However, our aim is to create the best plugins possible, so we would set out to create the definitive dynamic EQ. Just slapping the existing envelope follower onto Pro-Q would be a good first step, but we'd only have started. :-)

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi!

In Ableton Live 9 you can use Max4Live to move points of ProQ!!
With EnvelopeFollowers, LFOs and SideChain stuff...

cheers!

broombeck

I started a thread about creating a multi-band limiter before I saw this thread but I wanted to make some feature requests for whatever multi-band dynamics plugin you guys make.

-Ability to side-chain the bands to an external signal.
-Side-chain can be band limited or not.
-Bands could be a compressor or limiter/maximizer.
-Saturation per band.
-Master limiter on output.
-Stereo or M/S operation.

E3GH75

+1 for the Pro Dynamic EQ please! ;)

Nanjeezy

I was hoping for this in the Pro-Q2 but it seems it's not implemented. I just want to say that you have another customer here when this is implemented.

Daniel

Same here, I wish that Pro Q get's an Dynamic EQ update.
I use max4live as a workaround, but it would be awesome to see it native with Pro Q!

Greetings
P.

Patrick Lindsey

Pro-MB is already a dynamic EQ. I'd actually like to not see a dynamic feature in Pro-Q, it's redundant, already there in Pro-MB in dynamic phase processing mode. If anything just add tighter Q values to Pro-MB.

I Am Lord

Adding dynamics to Pro Q would make this the most complete and ULTIMATE EQ plugin ever. I would never use another eq plug again!!!

ha33y

+1

Assaf Weiss

Yes please!

Ruy

"but it's definitely on the to-do list!"

It's on your to-do list, but it's on your competitors' accomplishment lists. You can do more things at once if you become highly adept at training people to carry out your operations according to your specifications and taste. Invest and don't make excuses, you're behind the market and others are not!

If other companies appear to be able to do more at once than you can you could consider it an opportunity to learn how to expand and improve your business model - how to do what they're doing and/or do it better or do it your way; rather than excusing yourself from getting it done.

There really isn't that much more time left before you'll probably be a bit embarrassed for not having this in your toolkit. It's really not an appropriate attitude for what is supposed to be a world-class offering in digital mixing and mastering. Get with it, guys.

I'll Second That Emotion

When you release it Pro-IQ would be a bad-ass name, btw.

I'll Second That Emotion

+1 from me too....but hopefully as a feature added to Pro Q2 as a paid upgrade/update. (The Pro DQ2?) I'm about to buy Pro Q2 after saving forever. It would be a shame if a dynamic EQ was released separately....

....but whatever you guys do, it will be awesome ;)

Me

To my mind, adding dynamic process to Pro-Q2 would be better than creating a exclusive dynamic EQ.

It would allow us to get a full control on the spectrum of any signal with one only plugin.

A Pro-Q2 dynamic would be the most complete EQ process ever (Pro-Q3, maybe?)

Oscar

I'm coming around to Oscar's way of thinking. Here's the thing - the whole idea of dynamism and intelligence is simply a function that can be applied across the series. So I'll toss in another idea for fodder: that the third generation of Fabfilter effects all have dynamic and intelligent modes. And I still think adding the "i" for intelligent before the letters of the series would be cool. Pro iQ, Pro iC, Pro iR, etc.

I see no reason why compressors, multiband dynamics, reverb, gates etc. can't all be dynamic and/or intellgent.

I'll Second That Emotion

As a long-time customer who owns nearly everything you've ever made, I must add that while saying, "We're working on a dynamic EQ" back in 2013 was acceptable, it is becoming less and less so. As others have pointed out, most of your competitors already offer a Dynamic EQ plugin, and it is becoming an increasingly essential tool in the modern mixing and mastering toolkit.

Please prioritize this (as others have pointed out, with Pro-Q2 and Pro-MB, it shouldn't be too difficult of a hurdle technically). I'd hate to have to steer my business elsewhere. Thank you.

Josh

Oh boy that would be great

Lance

Hi, Loving them plugins!

I want to add to this conversation that IF pro-q2 would be implemented with dynamic and / or intelligent processing, it would not increase cpu consumption.

If it would be like that i would rather have an separate eq for dynamics based on the pro-q.

One thing i love about Fabfilters (crystal clear sound obviously) is that they are almost as light on cpu as daw included plugins!

Kaitsu

Extra CPU consumption and latency for these processes is inevitable, as far as I know.
Kind of like the way that Pro-MB is compared to Pro-Q2.

I also think it should be a seperate plugin, and I really hope they're working on it.

Yroth

Definitely should be a new plugin. I don't want to have to pull out a dynamic EQ every time I want to perform a simple equalization.

On the other hand, if it were an option within Pro-Q3 and if dynamism and intelligence added to other "3" versions, as long as the dynamism and intelligence was an option that could be turned on and off without adversely impacting processing if it was off it could work as well.

I'll Second That Emotion

+1! Good idea!

Max Stigneev

My vote in this dynamic eq debate goes to... not a seperate plugin.

Have been toying around a bit with F6 (Waves) and can´t really see why dynamics easily could fit within Pro-Q.

I like the current lineup of products... this is our eq, this is our compressor, our delay, our reverb, our caracter plugin etc, etc.

Don´t know what kind of plugin I would like to see next from fabfilter. Maybe just evolve them all to 2.

Magnus

+1 for dynamic EQ integration in Pro-Q.

Would be a nice feature for Pro-Q3... ;-)

Sven
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list