FabFilter User Forum

Retrigger envelope

Hello we recently purchased Twin2 to use in a live performance because it is a very nice synth with an excellent ui and great sound. We have just run into a technical difficulty though with re-triggering envelopes.

There doesn't appear to be any settings for when an envelope re-triggers when playing legato. In mono when playing overlapping notes the envelopes do not re-trigger and I cannot find a setting to change this.

If you put the synth in poly mode with the number of voices equal to the number unison of voices;

• the envelopes re-trigger on some patches but not on others.
  • If the first note is held down until after the second note is released their is no sound.
  • the sound of the attack of the re-triggered note sounds brighter than the attack of the originally triggered note.

It would be ideal if there is a fix for this because we can't really use a synth with this inconsistency in a live performance. Would it be possible to implement a switch to turn off/on retriggering when playing legato in mono?

thanks
Keith

keith lostracco

I just found out that there is consistency between patches. When a patch has envelope that rises on the attack and then decays to a lower sustain level you will hear the sound of the envelope re-trigger(when in poly mode with 1 voice) but if the sustain is at 1 then the envelope doesn't re-trigger. Also the when playing legato very quickly the envelope sounds like it going through its cycle while play all the notes.

keith lostracco

I'm demoing Twin 2 right now and I'm surprised it doesn't have this feature.

LM

We'll consider adding this to a future Twin update!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Came across this old thread while looking for a similar function.. sorry for the necro-bump but looking for the same thing in Twin 3. Was this function ever implemented? Cheers!

Chvad
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list