FabFilter User Forum

Pro Q - requests

Hi!

I don't know if you can do it already, but it would be great if you could make the bass mono from a chosen frequency.

I would also love it if you could record and copy frequency spectrums from a track and use it on your own track as a starting point like in Ozone or Har-Bal :)

Thank you Fabfilter for all the great plugs!

Coongaman

Hi,

You can make the bass mono: set Pro-Q to M/S mode with the Channel Mode switch in the bottom bar. Create a low-cut band by double-clicking at the far left side of the display. Now set it to 'S' mode with the buttons on the left of the knobs: this cuts low frequencies from the side channel, leaving the mid (mono) channel untouched.

Regarding copying frequency spectrums, we'll consider that for a future update!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi Frederik!

Thank you for the answer.
Will making the bass mono the way you describe it make it possible for mastering to vinyl? If I for instance make all bass from 150hz and down.

Dennis Jr.

Coongaman

Yes it works all the way down to 150. I use alwaysuse Pro-Q to make the low-end mono, opens up a sounds so much.

Rolf Mulder

Doesn't this approach (cutting the side channel of the bass) effectively change the mix level of the bass though?

Disr

If you're mixing in a "Traditional" way, which puts the Kick and Bass tracks in the center, this approach will not change much of the mix level for those 2 tracks.
Even if these tracks *do* have stereo information (which they usually don't), it will probably be very low in level.
My guess is that it will mainly be from sending them to a reverb.

Yroth
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list